Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Christina-isms or quotes from the field




11-28-11

I've had lots of good scripture studies this week and today am once again feeling at peace with how things are going. I think lots of trials and blessings are in store for the next 6 months but i'm excited for it. I had a neat experience praying this last week and I was asking Him to help me be the missionary I know he wants me to be and I had a distinct thought " what if you are being the missionary I want?" It was a tender mercy for me. The Lord seriously has blessed me so much. I love him for it. I am so thankful for my faith and the way its shaped my entire life! I am so blessed to have grown up with all that I have. It humbles me a lot to think about this.

My thanksgiving was amazing. We played football at this huge stadium with all the surrounding singles wards and a bunch of the elders. Then we went over to _____'s house. They went above and beyond. 7+ homemade pies, turkey, stuffing mashed potatoes, etc. It was incredible. It made me feel so loved to see the extent they went at to make sure we all had a good thanksgiving dinner. Now christmas is in full swing! lights EVERYWHERE! Main street looks incredible. :) I love it so much.

Love, Sister Gilson

No comments:

Post a Comment